In this constantly evolving situation, we would like to reassure you that the quality of service, food, drink and accommodation is as important as ever, however, there are some new rules that take effect from Monday 17th May and it provides a good opportunity to remind everyone of the existing Government and In House measures:
• Customers must not meet in groups of more than 6 people from 3 households indoors or 8 people from 8 households outdoors (children aged 12 and under are exempt but must not be from more than the same 3 households);
• Face coverings must be worn at all times by anyone aged 5 and over, apart from when you are seated or once you have entered your room if staying with us (this includes entering, exiting and moving around to use the toilet, etc);
• Be prepared to show ID for age restricted purchases and possible removal of face coverings if requested for age verification;
• Please do not visit The Arch Inn if you have symptoms of illness or others in your household are unwell or symptomatic;
• Please use your phone to scan the QR code to check in and out for Test & Protect when you visit The Arch Inn. If you unable to do so a member of staff will take your details;
• Please observe physical distancing and keep 1 metre from the next person, unless it is someone from the same household or a carer;
• Please remain seated as much as possible during your visit to The Arch Inn, standing at the bar or by the tables is not permitted at the moment. Staff will advise if a table is available;
• Please avoid crowds and do not form crowds, particularly when entering and exiting the premises;
• Keep your hands clean. Sanitiser is provided around the premises and always wash your hands when you have visited the toilet;
• Be considerate to those that find these measures more difficult to adhere to;
• If you wish to dine with us, please try to book a table in advance at www.thearchinn.co.uk;
• If you have a booking with us your table will be available to you for 1hr 30min from your booked time. If you have not booked in advance, staff will tell you how long your table is available to you. Please do not be offended if a staff member asks you to vacate your table, we need time to clear and sanitise the table and chairs before the next diners sit down…
• Please respect the staff and other customers – abusive behaviour is unnecessary and will not be tolerated. We are working hard to keep the hospitality sector open and coronavirus under control, let’s look after each other. Thank you.
We appreciate there is a lot to take in and we’re sorry for any confusion. If you do have any queries, please drop us an email or give us a call.